I have finally hit my breaking point. For as long as I can remember I have endured my mother’s abuse, whether it is verbal, emotional, or as seen here physical. I can expect some act of violence on a daily basis, and her beating me is not an usual occurrence, but today something snapped. My mother did this unprovoked, and this time she didn’t stop. Usually it’s bad for a little while and then she’s done, today it went on for what seemed like forever. At a certain point I decided I was going to do something I never do, call the police. You see, my mother is a highly respected and very well known person where I live. She is on the board of ed, worked for CPS for many years, and is close personal friends with people like the local chief of police, director of our local CPS unit, and so on. I always knew that calling wouldn’t go anywhere and just upset her more, but today I had to try. While she was kicking me I found my opportunity, and somehow managed to get away from someone more than twice my size. I ran as fast as I could, knocking things over behind my, trying to find a phone. I dialed and they listened and my mother proceeding to beat me over it, while I screamed for help. For the second time today, I managed to get away from her and ran to my room. I barely had enough time to lock my door, before she starting trying to get it, to the point that she ripped my door off the frame. I decided I was going to stay locked in there, until the police came. The past few months I have been collecting evidence against her, voice recordings, pictures like these, and videos of her violence, so they couldn’t dispute what was going on. But I was dead wrong.
When the officer finally came up to my room, I attempted to tell him my side of the story, but before I could get a sentence out he silenced me. HE told me that this was my mothers house, and I needed to live by her rules. If I didn’t she had the right to punish me. He also told me to be tankful for her, because he wanted to press assault charges against me. finally, he refused, despite my begging, for him to take me to a shelter for teens.
I am utterly disgusted by the injustice that occurred today. I pray there is no one else out there who is living in such a situation. I am not sure exactly what I am getting out of writing this, except maybe that it’s just nice to be able to open up about this, when I have had to keep it a secret my whole life. idk. sorry for posting such heavy shit.
Signal boost the fuck out of this
Please post the evidence publicly… ALL of it… especially video… youtube, here, facebook, everywhere. If no one there will help you, someone somewhere will. I know all too well how much it sucks to endure such things and not be believed. It takes an amazing amount of courage to stand up for yourself, I know, but if you don’t, no one else can. It’s fucked up, but that’s how it is.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.
You’re gay? That’s cool.
You’re straight? That’s cool.
You’re bi? That’s cool.
You’re asexual? That’s cool.
You’re gender fluid? That’s cool.
You’re happy with who you are and what you identify as? That’s COOL.
You’re an asshole? That’s not cool.
It’s that simple.
ideas for a self care day:
- sleep in and stay under the covers when you wake up, get very comfortable and warm
- if you want to get out of bed, pick something cozy to wear
- drink very cold water or hot tea
- doodle aimlessly
- read a book you love dearly
- sleep some more
- go outside, even if its just your backyard, and relax
- look at tiny beautiful things like flowers and ants
- listen to music that makes you want to dance and dance your heart out
pls be kind to yrself and yr body i love u
When they think that they know the answers, people are difficult to guide.
When they know that they don’t know,
people can find their own way
This was written by a little 6 year old girl. I babysit her and her two sisters - Rebecca and Mia, and before they go to bed they all sit down and write little prayers to God.
This was the one that Hollie wrote last time, and it absolutely broke my heart. I mean, she’s six years old and she thinks she’s not beautiful. That’s not right. But she is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. She’s got golden blonde hair, bright green eyes and a smile so beautiful that you melt a little inside when you see it.
When their mum got home, I showed her Hollie’s prayer, and she was devastated. She’s a nurse so she’s seen a lot of horrible things, but I have never seen her like that. And so I had to do something.
If you’re reading this, and if you have the slightest bit of a heart, please reblog this, so that I can prove to Hollie that she is beautiful, and that she is so special, and that God made her exactly the way she is because He knows that He made her perfect. Please give this beautiful little girl the confidence she deserves.
holy fuck the tears
if you dont reblog this i WILL personally puch you in the face so hard you will explode
man better reblog this i’d hate to get puched
How can reblogging this possibly help Hollie in any way?
1) How does wearing a particular color on a particular day affect diseases/disorders, how much people know about them, or when/whether a treatment or cure is found? I have worn many colors in my life. Not once has anyone asked me WHY I wearing a particular color, other than black. (“Did someone die?” “Is it Halloween already?”)
2) Why do people lie or pretend to think/feel/be different than they are during the “get to know you” phase of a relationship? What good can they possibly think will come of this? “Well, when I said I loved you, I was talking about the person you portrayed yourself to be, not who you actually are, but I said it, so I am stuck with it.” Is that what these people expect? Do people actually do that???
3) What the hell do I want to do with my life??? At 44 years old, I still don’t know! How do people figure this shit out??? I mean, I know I want to help decrease suffering in the world, but I have yet to figure out how to actually accomplish that. (See point #1) And, really, is it even a worthy goal? Isn’t suffering how we learn?
4) What is the difference between loving and “being in love?” It seems to me that “in love” is one of two things: infatuation, or oneness. If it is infatuation, then really, it is just an unhealthy obsession with someone we see as an object separate from ourselves. If it is oneness, shouldn’t we be aiming to fall in love with everyone and everything? Where does the idea of marriage (becoming one with another, but separate from all others for LIFE) become a good thing? It makes no sense to me.
5) What does it mean to be intelligent? And how did we come to a place as a species where intelligence is simultaneously revered and despised?
To stay present in everyday life, it helps to be deeply rooted within yourself; otherwise, the mind, which has incredible momentum, will drag you along like a wild river.
That is NOT sex education.
Page 2 of 714